Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Employment and Training (SNAP E&T)

SNAP E&T helps Maine SNAP recipients get job training and education so they can find and keep good paying jobs. There are lots of training opportunities available to you at no cost. If you receive SNAP and do not receive TANF assistance, you may be eligible.

Find out how SNAP E&T Providers can help you today!


  • Job search training and assistance,
  • Vocational training (including Adult Education, certificate and degree programs),
  • Job retention services, and more.

How to sign up

If you are already enrolled in SNAP, then contact a service provider near you.

If you are not enrolled in SNAP, learn how to apply today.

What is SNAP E&T?

USDA Non Discrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (PDF), (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  • mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
  • fax: (202) 690-7442; or 
  • email:
  • This institution is an equal opportunity provider.