Human Services

Services for Families and Children

Child Support

Maine Child Support can help you establish, enforce, and collect child support payments, locate parents, and establish paternity.

Learn more about Child Support Services.

Child Care Locator

The Child Care Locator tool allows users to search for licensed child care facilities in Maine.

Learn more about the Child Care Locator.

Children’s Behavioral Health Services

These services include providing information and assistance with referrals for children and youth with developmental disabilities/delays, intellectual disability, Autism Spectrum Disorders, and mental health disorders.

Learn more about Children’s Behavioral Health Services.

Child Care Affordability

The Child Care Affordability Program helps eligible families to pay for child care so they can work, go to school or participate in a job training program.

Learn more about the Child Care Affordability.

Foster Parenting

Foster and adoptive parents are an invaluable resource for Maine's children and communities - and Maine needs more of them.

Learn more about becoming a foster parent.

Services for Adults

Adult Behavioral Health Services

DHHS behavioral health services can help connect you with information on prevention, treatment, and recovery services for mental health and substance use disorders.

Learn more about behavioral health services.

Psychiatric Hospital Care

Dorothea Dix Psychiatric Center (DDPC) in Bangor and Riverview Psychiatric Center (RPC) in Augusta provide collaborative treatment and inpatient care for individuals with severe and persistent mental illness, and co-occurring substance use disorders.

Older Adults and Adults with Physical Disabilities

Services that support older and disabled adults in order to avoid or delay nursing home placement and remain in their communities.

Learn more.

Adults with acquired Brain Injury

Services for adults who have sustained an acquired brain injury whether temporary or permanent, that results in partial or total functional disability or psychosocial maladjustment

Learn more.  

Adults with Intellectual Disability and Autism

Services that support adults with intellectual disabilities or autism spectrum disorders who want to live as independently as possible at home and/or in their community

Learn more.

Adults with Cerebral Palsy, Seizure Disorder, and other conditions.

If you are 21 years or older, have cerebral palsy, epilepsy, or another condition that is not mental illness and that is closely related to intellectual disability, and are not currently receiving other waiver services, you may be eligible for Section 20 services.

Learn more.