FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Monday, November 7, 2016
Contact: Kristen Schulze Muszynski
o: 626-8404/ c: 441-7638
Secretary Dunlap to visit
multiple polling places on Election Day
AUGUSTA ? Secretary of State Matthew Dunlap, Maine?s top election official, will be visiting polling places throughout the day on Election Day, Tuesday, Nov. 8.
Secretary Dunlap will be observing the voting process and meeting with local election officials during his visits, as well as welcoming voters to the polls.
?Election Day is the ultimate in democracy, when we make the decisions about how our State will be governed,? said Dunlap. ?The world is run by the people who show up and vote, and we expect a strong turnout this year in particular, given the high-profile races and the wide scope of the statewide referendum questions.?
Polls are open in most municipalities beginning between 6-10 a.m. and close at 8 p.m. Secretary Dunlap is encouraging all eligible voters to cast their ballots, reminding them that Election Day voter registration is an option in Maine. Voters can find polling places and times via the State of Maine Voter Information Lookup Service.
He will be available to speak to the press at each stop and throughout the day. His schedule will be as follows:
- 7-7:30 a.m.: Old Town, Knights of Columbus Hall, 5 Gilman Falls Ave.
- 8:30-9 a.m.: Waterville, Bourque-Lanigan Post #5 American Legion, 21 College Avenue
- 11:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.: Portland, Merrill Auditorium Rehearsal Hall, 20 Myrtle St.
- 1:30-2:15: Lewiston, Memorial Armory, 65 Central Ave.
- 3-3:45 p.m.: Augusta, Civic Center, 76 Community Drive
- 5:30-6 p.m.: Bangor, Cross Insurance Center, 515 Main St.