Annual Regulatory Agendas
If a Maine state agency plans any changes to its rule chapters during the coming year, it must file with the Secretary of State an "annual regulatory agenda" under the provisions of 5 MRSA Section 8060. The filing deadline is 100 days after the end of the regular legislative session, so it varies from year to year.
Statute requires that the agencies include the following information:
- A list of rules that the agency expects to propose;
- The statutory basis for adoption;
- The purpose of the rule;
- The schedule for adoption;
- A list of benefited and regulated parties;
- A list of all emergency rules adopted since the last agenda; and
- Whether consensus-based rule development will be employed.
Agencies which do not plan to undertake rule changes usually do not file an agenda.